Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Rarest Quality Comics Collectible?

Whoa, I'm reviewing all the non-super-hero stuff by Quality now and doing a fair amount of art spotting too. I just came across this solicitation in "Archie O'Toole" from Smash Comics #8 (Mar. 1940) which tells kids to send in for a free coloring map to Archie's kingdom, Pyromania!

Howdy, Friends..... I want to thank you all for following me and my adventures... and to show my appreciation, I'm going to give away free, a map of Pyromania which you can color yourself. Just write me c/o Smash Comics, Gurley Building,Stamford, Conn., — with five cents to cover the mailing and handling...

A quick online search yielded no results on this. But of course, now I'm obsessed with finding one...

An earlier issue (Smash #6) included a map of sorts...



And by the way, the issue of creator(s) on this innocuous two-page strip is driving me really really mad. There's more to it than any indexer has noticed. It's regarded as an Eisner creation but I've found a whole lot of confusing things about this claim. I'm going to be blogging about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment